Pinot Noir Wines
Maligned by some and revered by others, Pinot Noir wine certainly is divisive, but we all love it at WD. The truth is, it’s a bugger of a grape to grow well, that’s in the handful of regions that can actually grow it well, and it's harder still to turn into something worth drinking. But when you combine grapes that have been lovingly tended with a winemaker worth their salt, something ethereal, almost transcendent transpires. We have spent many an eve discussing life, the universe and everything with a bottle of Yarra Valley, Mornington Peninsula or, indeed, Adelaide Hills Pinot Noir at the table... and the answers to the questions posed are always more profound in the presence of this most noble of grape varieties. Is Pinot Noir red or white? Both. While Pinot N ...
- Domaine Masse Cote Chalonnaise Burgundy 2018Special Price $50.00 Regular Price $65.00
- Heirloom Alcazar Castle Pinot Noir 2021Special Price $70.00 Regular Price $80.00Expressive, grounded, powerful, playful. This is an exceptional Pinot Noir sourced from a single vineyard in Charleston. Red and purple aromatics lead to a powerful yet aquiline palate offering roses, cherries, violets, spice, must and toastiness. The palate is long and the tannin finish fine. The acidity elevates the fruit. Exceptional. Learn More
- Heirloom Vineyards Velvet Fog Pinot Noir 2022Special Price $35.00 Regular Price $40.00
- Kings Creed Adelaide Hills Pinot Noir 2021Special Price $30.00 Regular Price $35.00On the bigger side for Pinot Noir, offering red and blue fruits, spice, and cedar. Looks good on opening but definitely benefits from decanting. The inclusion of 10% whole bunches in the ferment has provided some crunch to the structure. Our suggestion, decant about an hour before drinking and enjoy with something duck flavoured. Learn More
- Levantine Hill 'The Coldstream Guard' Yarra Valley Pinot Noir 2021Special Price $35.00 Regular Price $50.00
- Riposte 'The Sabre' Pinot Noir 2022Special Price $36.00 Regular Price $38.00The best Sabre we have seen to date. This multi clone blend (MV6, 1154, 115, D4V2, D5V12, and 18GM) is aromatic, succulent and drying, with cherries and savoury notes. The wine is just mid weight and offers delightfully ethereal aromatics and appropriate fruit weight on the palate. 25% French oak sees some lovely charry notes sliding into fine tannins on the finish. Learn More