Best Wines Under $100
Showing 1-12 of 43 items
- A Chorus of Choice Cabernet v2.0Regular Price $916.00 $295.00A doz comprising six superb Cabernets. All up $916 worth for just $295. The Curtis Cavaliere and Curator almost cover the asking price of this pack by themselves! You’ll also be getting the superb Metala Legacy, the stunning Kilikanoon Clare Cab the deliciously slurpable Red Deer Cabernets. The highlight though- 2 bottles of Yaldara’s 96 point, intense, decadent, and black as the ace of spades Cab blend. There’s a bit of Shiraz in the mix, but the wine is cab-dominant and magnificent! Learn More
- A Cluster of Classy CabernetRegular Price $520.00 $180.00
Awesome value for money this lot and worth a thought or 2.
The Metala is intense and achingly pure, a staggeringly high-quality Cab at its asking price of $45. Kim Brebach gave it 95 saying it ‘is a powerhouse of a wine, showing all the features Langhorne Creek reds are famous for: rich, seductive fruit... tremendous depth of flavour – this is a great red, and worth every penny of the asking price.
The Karl’s Scepter Coonawarra, made by a former maker of Penfolds Grange offers luscious red and dark fruits, violet, and plums with plenty of fine tannins.
Coriole’s Songbord picked up a coveted Adeaide Show gold medal and brings deep fruits, spice, cacao, violets, blackcurrants, greenery and plums.
The Ferghana McLaren Vale is both rich and varietal, with black fruits and a touch of cedar.
The Red Deer is a pristine Langhorne Cab, with great varietal purity – awesome now and will cellar beautifully.
The Curtis Cavaliere, with 96 points from Sam Kim, is a powerful, black beast laden with tobacco, mint, violet, and plum.Learn More
- A Cracking Cabal of CabernetRegular Price $846.00 $240.00
A wonderful collection of Cabernets from the Coonawarra, Clare, Langhorne Creek and the Barossa.
All of these can be decanted and poured with roast Lamb or whatever grabs your fancy AND will cellar too. There’s Schoolhouse’s 98 pointer, a classic, mid weight and fragrant Coonawarra stunner. The Kilikanoon is a fuller bodied and robust 95 pointer, which is packed with dense fruit and just emerging from its shell. Top of the tree is Yaldara’s $200 a bottle Grand Cuvee. Yeah, there’s some Shiraz in the blend, but the flavours are Cab Dominant, rich, intense and lush. See below for full details on each of the wines in this pack.Learn More
- A Grand Glazed Gustation of Glorious GrenacheRegular Price $715.00 $199.00
A few years back Max Allen suggested Grenache might be our best warm climate variety, even more so than Shiraz. Arguably Grenache more faithfully expresses terroir than Shiraz, copes with less water and handles heat better, making it ideal for an industry coming to grips with climate change.
Handily, it also makes world class wines, especially out of McLaren Vale. To quote James Halliday “Grenache is McLaren Vale’s secret weapon – not merely Australia’s best, but every bit as good as that of the Rhone Valley.”
So here’s 3 exceptional Grenache from the McLaren Vale …
3 bottles Dandelion Faraway Tree Grenache 2020... The best Grenache Elena Brooks can make, off the Firehawk vineyard. From the winemaker who was runner up in the Halliday Grenache Challenge with her Heirloom Alcala 2019.
3 bottles Curtis Small Batch - 95 pointer off 120 year old vines.
1 bottle Curtis Limited - 96 pointer off 100 year old vines.
All up, $670 worth of magnificent Grenache for just $199Learn More
- A Preen of Proper PinotRegular Price $556.00 $360.004 bottles apiece of 3 excellent Pinot Noir here. Lightest of these is the Riposte, a red fruited and spiced released with plenty of svelte swirliness. The Kings Creed, made by Ben Riggs, is medium bodied, seductive, and finished with silky tannins. Goes very nicely with aniseed tea duck. The Heirloom Alcazar is also medium bodied, 50% whole bunch fermented and treated to 50% brand new French oak. It offers cherries, strawberries, herbs, and lavender. Serious fruit here, great length and a lovely texture. Learn More
- Bernard Remy Carte Blanche$65.00A stunningly complex Champagne. The nose offers mushroom and truffle, shortbread and stonefruits too. The palate offers all of the above and a meatiness from the Pinot Noir component. As the wine opens there is also nectarine and apple. Persistence of flavour and intensity are exceptional. Learn More
- Bernard Remy Grand Cru NVSpecial Price $85.00 Regular Price $95.00Rich and decadent with a hard cheese nuttiness. There’s truffle, fig, and white blossoms here too along with lemon and just a waft of lavender. This is serious kit from one of the greatest, if not the greatest sub region of Champagne, Le Mesnil. Take your time with this one as it opens up long after opening. Learn More
- Ca’Botta Cerviero Rosso Veneto 2016Special Price $79.00 Regular Price $89.00In theory this is an entry level wine for Ca’ Botta, carrying the IGT designation rather than the more favoured DOC or DOCG status. Why? Because this is a wine made using Amarone methods using primarily Amarone varieties with the inclusion of Cabernet which is not allowed in Amarone production… They add Cabernet to build freshness and change the tannin profile … to make something as good but a little different to a traditional Amarone. 2.2 kilos of fruit are needed to make just one bottle. We found herbs, black fruits, cherries, spice and pepper here on a pallet which is both concentrated and ethereal. A cracking wine and an absolute bargain. Learn More
- Clandestine Vineyards Hearts & Minds Grenache 2021Special Price $55.00 Regular Price $60.00McLaren Vale Grenache is some of the very best produced in the world and the elevated and slightly cooler Blewitt Springs sub-region has a strong claim to being its best site within the McLaren Vale. This Grenache is sourced from low-yielding, 70+ year old, Blewitt Springs vines. No herbicides or pesticides are used in the vineyard and the wine is vegan friendly. The fruit is handpicked and open fermented before being transferred into 15% new French oak for a year before bottling unfined and unfiltered. There are red fruits, florals and spice, black olives, fleshy plum, plentiful acidity, and wonderfully fine, powdery tannins. A stunning Grenache. Learn More
- Curtis Cavaliere Cabernet 2018Special Price $60.00 Regular Price $70.00Drum roll please, here’s the new release Cabernet from Curtis Cavaliere which winemaker Mark rates as the best wine he made from the 2018 vintage! Lots going on here, from plums, mint, violet, tobacco, salinity, and a good whack of vanilla oak which adds a suggestion of sweetness without overwhelming the fruit. Sumptuous Learn More
- Curtis Cavaliere Shiraz 2020Special Price $60.00 Regular Price $70.00