Best Wines Under $50
Showing 1-12 of 160 items
- 13 Bottles for 13 Bucks ApieceRegular Price $565.00 $169.00You might think that at 13 bucks a bottle you’d be stocking up on quaffers for Friday night in front of Netflix, or for a mid-week dinner with leftovers. Nope! There is not a single quaffer in this pack. The Red Deer is a fruitful and spicy Shiraz, well-seasoned with oak sourced from 50-year-old vines. The Karl’s Scepter Shiraz offers excellent fruit definition and intensity. Yaldara’s 65 buck a bottle Barossa stunner has exceptional depth of black fruits and excellent length. Finally, the silky smooth Johnson Shiraz offers blue and black fruits and spice. It is lovely. PLUS we’ve made this a baker’s dozen, topping it off with a bottle of the Curtis Small Batch Shiraz, which is a deep and dark beast fashioned from 80 year old McLaren Vale vines. Learn More
- 13 Bottles for 13 Bucks Apiece v2.0Regular Price $611.00 $169.00You might think that for 13 bucks a bottle you’d be stocking up on quaffers for Friday night in front of Netflix, or for a mid-week dinner with leftovers. Nope! There is not a single quaffer in this pack. The Red Deer is a fruitful and spicy Shiraz, well-seasoned with oak sourced from 50-year-old vines. The Tomich offers great fruit and spice in a medium bodied setting and Montara’s Homeblock is also mid-weight with lovely soft tannins and fruit. BONUS - we’ve made this a baker’s dozen, topping it off with a bottle of the stunning Yaldara Grand Cab Shiraz, a mammoth 96pt red packed with high intensity Barossa goodness. Learn More
- 6 Smashing McLaren Vale ShirazRegular Price $465.00 $150.006 smashing McLaren Shiraz for you to give the old tonsil test. The highlights? Dandelion’s 97 point Firehawk Farm Shiraz, which is one of the very best Shiraz made in McLaren Vale; Haselgrove’s rich and super smooth Catkin Shiraz; and Martin’s Limited 97 point Shiraz. The Curtis Small Batch is a ripper too, old vines and 96 points- black as the ace of spades and smooth as a smoothie. No filler here, these are all superb! Learn More
- 95 Points Minimum, Powerful PremiumsRegular Price $966.00 $295.00
Just the good stuff here for less than $25 a bottle. These have all picked up 95 points or more somewhere and deservedly so.
The Brothers at War picked up a Gold medal and was just pipped for a Trophy at the Adelaide Show. Metala’s ‘1891’ Cab just scored 95 from Kim Brebach who called it a powerhouse and worth every penny of its asking price.
The Lienert Shiraz is made by former Penfolds St Henri growers and has exceptional clarity and depth of fruit. Kim Brebach gave it 95 as did Ray Jordan who called it exquisitely poised, with driving intensity, an excellent wine.
The Cutis Small Batch sports 96pts. and is old vine, black fruited, full tilt, McLaren Vale Shiraz.
Finally, the Yaldara Grand also has 2x96 and a 95’er and is incredible- mixing black fruited power with a elegance which makes it something very special indeed.Learn More
- A Brilliant Baker's Doz of Mixed Marvels v2.0Regular Price $820.50 $265.00Save over 65% on this magical mixed baker’s doz with multiple gold medals, and plenty of effusive words from worthy wine scribes. There’s Lloyd Brothers Méthode Champenoise Adelaide Hills Sparkling. Méthode Champenoise refers to the laborious process whereby the wine is aged on lees in bottle to build complexity and depth of flavour. Costs a lot of both money and time to produce sparkling this way but the results in this instance are undeniable. See also Clare Riesling from Kilikanoon. On the red front, the concentrated, 95pt Kilikanoon Shiraz, a stunning McLaren SGM, 2 delicious Cabernets, and half a dozen awesome Shiraz from the Barossa, McLaren Vale, and Langhorne Creek. Included is the magnificent Stonehouse Neldner Old Vine Shiraz. This $150 a bottle Barossa Valley, old vine powerhouse inspired Kim to score it 98pts with the observation that the wine is, ‘…deeply flavoured and totally delicious, showing dark and purple fruit richness, cedary oak, charcuterie and mixed spice aromas with a dark chocolate undertone. The powerful full-bodied palate is wonderfully layered with plush texture and fine-grained tannins, making it sturdy and structured, yet velvety and luscious. There’s also stunning 97pt Martins Limited Shiraz, and Pasha’s epic, rich, and fruit-intense McLaren Vale Shiraz. This one retails for $100 a bottle and has been in the running to be named Winestate magazine’s wine of the year. Learn More
- A Carousel of CabernetRegular Price $672.00 $199.00Just over $15 a bottle here gets you some absolute stunners. Metala’s magnificent Legacy Cab, one of the best Langhorne Cabs we’ve seen in the past 12 months, Karl’s Scepter’s beautifully French oaked Coonawarra, and juiciness and length from the Red Deer. Plus you’ll be getting a bottle of Yaldara’s stunning, $200 a bottle Grand. This is big, bad, Cabernet dominant Barossa magic that has been getting rave reviews from our customers and wine writers alike! Learn More
- A Composed Composition of CabernetRegular Price $652.00 $265.00
Every now and then a plan comes together. This time, it’s the creation of a reasonably priced Cab dozen which includes Winestate Magazine’s Cabernet of the year! And not just one bottle, we’ve managed to fit 4 bottles of it into this pack!
You’ll also be getting 4 of Kilikanoon’s sumptuous 95pt Cab, and 4 of Karl’s Scepter’s 94pt, complex and cedary Coonawarra Cab. Finally, we’ve managed to include a bot of Yaldara’s Grand Cab Shiraz, a 96pt, $200 a bottle, Barossa stunner!Learn More
- A Great Grab Bag of GrenacheRegular Price $580.00 $199.00Here are 3 crackers that are equally at home at a gourmet barbie or in a fine dining scenario. The Curtis Heritage Grenache offers delicious red fruits, spice and lip-tingling acidity. The Curtis Small Batch, great length, richness and depth of blue and black fruit. Zonte’s Love Symbol Grenache is a perfectly cellared, 5 gold medal winning delight. Learn More
- A Regalia of RieslingRegular Price $171.00 $130.00Just exceptional Riesling from the likes of the following superstars: Vickery, Leo Buring, Kilikanoon, and Claymore. Includes an incredible reserve Vickery Eden Valley, a great Eden Riesling from one of Australian Riesling’s best producers and pioneers. There’s also a 95 point stunner from Kilikanoon. The fragrant and mouthwateringly delicious and intense old viner from Leconfield which Halliday gave 95 points plus the 5-trophy-winning Leo Buring are just 2 more stunners in a pack with so very many of ‘em. Learn More
- A Trio of Cracking Coonawarra CabsRegular Price $266.00 $120.00A 6-pack comprising three succulent Coonawarra Cabernets, 2 from the magical 2018 vintage. Of course, it wouldn’t be a Coonawarra Cab pack without a little tomato leaf, some assertively angular tannins and a pinch of greenery providing the backbone for all that generosity. That’s part of the charm of this particular intersection of region and variety! Learn More
- After Five Wine Co. Single Vineyard Aglianico 2018Special Price $28.00 Regular Price $39.00Aglianico, perhaps like Nebbiolo is a wine of extremes. The nose, with red fruits and rose petals, is reminiscent of a light, perhaps delicate wine but the palate weight and tannins are at the other end of the scale. There’s rose petals, dark fruits and sage in the mix, liquorice, red fruit and a super long tannin finish. Definitely a food wine. Learn More
- After Five Wine Co. Single Vineyard Montepulciano 2019Special Price $28.00 Regular Price $39.00A wine that is both powerful and crunchy, with spice, black cherries, blanched beans and anise, plenty of acid and a fine tannin finish. In spite of its richness and depth, it also manages zest and liveliness. The tannins are powdery and then waxy. Magical and should satisfy both the hipsters and lumberjacks. Learn More