FREE Lienert Vineyards 'Sieben Klon' Barossa Valley Shiraz 2019 on any Dozen
Why not celebrate the silly season with a FREE bottle of Lienert Vineyards 'Sieben Klon' Barossa Valley Shiraz 2019 on any dozen you purchase?
The Lienert’s have been farming in the Barossa for 150 years and decided to add some vines to their property about 20 years ago. The first harvests (2004 and 2005) went straight to the pool room, aka into Penfold’s St Henri. Funnily enough they then planted a lot more vines and introduced many more clonal variations of Shiraz to their rapidly expanding vineyard. When they decided to start making booze, we conspired with them to come up with a wine from the best parcels of their finest 7 clonal selections of Shiraz. The intention – to make a wine which is floral and beguiling on the nose, densely fruited on the palate, long, complex and bloody awesome.
For this very special wine, each clone was harvested and fermented separately with the harvest date chosen to best allow each grape to express its best characters, ie, the EVOS12 clone was harvested earlier than the others to allow for a beautiful perfume and liveliness in the final wine. Fermentation is done in tiny open top fermenters which are hand plunged up to four times a day. Certain clones are fermented cooler to better express delicate aromatics whilst some are plunged and pumped over heavily to achieve a more structural element. The trick is finding the right balance. Anyways, we love this wine and encourage you to give it a rip.
The Seiben-Klon (7 clones) are as follows:
- 1654 – The mainstay of the Barossa valley. This brings dark fruits, structure, length, richness.
- Yalumba 2 (La Mouline) – A Hermitage French clone... finesse and elegance.
- EVOS12 - Poonawatta clone – An Eden Valley Shiraz selection... fruitiness and fragrance.
- BVRC12 – A Barossa selection... red fruits, medium body.
- 1127 – A spicy clone offering the highest levels of rotundone (pepper character) in Shiraz... spice, fruit, grippy tannins.
- R6 – long and big bunches... minerality and bright fruits.
- Sardi 3 – A McLaren Vale selection... Classic McLaren Vale characters and a nice saline edge.
Grab any 12 wines, individual or in our preconfigured packs, put in the code KLON and a Lienert Vineyards 'Sieben Klon' Barossa Valley Shiraz 2019 will be added to your order for EVERY dozen you buy... buy 2 dozen, get 2 FREE, buy 3 dozen, get 3 FREE - you get the idea!
PLUS, FREIGHT IS FREE TO ANYWHERE IN AUSTRALIA
WHEN YOU PURCHASE A DOZEN OR MORE!
There are some suggestions below or feel free to
*Valid on every dozen wines purchased in a single transaction | Offer is valid until 11:59pm AEDT Sunday 31st January 2021 | Freight is FREE on orders over 12 bottles, a $7.50 flat rate applies to orders of less than 12 bottles to anywhere in Australia | Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer