Classic Thai noodles, with option to sizzle your tongue with a dose of habanero chilli. Not for the meek!
24 large king prawns
150ml fresh tomato sauce
600g chicken strips
15ml tamarind concentrate
300g julienne onion
30ml ABC soy
180g bean sprouts
40g castor sugar
3 bunches pak choy
3 cloves garlic
300ml pad thai sauce
1 dried chilli
60g preserved turnip
40ml oyster sauce
3 each haberno chilli (optional)
30ml fish sauce
2pkt rice stick noodles (soaked in warm water till soft)
5ml sesame oil
120g roasted crushed peanuts
60g fried shallots
1. Heat oil in wok until smoking
2. Add prawns & chicken. Fry for 30seconds. Add onion.
3. Strain oil & return prawns, chicken & onion to wok.
4. Add sliced haberno chilli, pad thai sauce, caramelised onion and preserved turnips.
5. Add noodles & cook till coated in sauce.
6. Add pak choy & bean sprouts.
7. Serve on cos lettuce & sprinkle with roasted peanuts and fried shallots.
Recipe provided by: