If you have never been to Honey Bang Bang, you must, the food, wine and service is amazing!
Located in Littlehampton in the Adelaide Hills, Honey Bang Bang delivers a fun, vibrant take on South East Asian food. The venue is owned, run and served by husband and wife team, Montie & Hailey Waraich. Their food is created from locally sourced produce, to deliver meals with flavour bangs of high quality. Their love and passion for food is evident in their menu, and is perfect to be shared amongst family and friends.
We tasked the legends at Honey Bang Bang to cook a dish that pairs with Chalk Hill 'Luna' Shiraz 2019 and we've got the recipe here for you, to serve this one up for your friends and family at home... This recipe is impressive... trust us!
Honey Bang Bang’s Lamb Cutlets
What you need:
6 – 8 good quality lamb cutlets from your local butcher
For the marinade:
- 100ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 x large garlic cloves grated
- 1cm knob of ginger peeled & grated
- 1/2 x tablespoon good quality salt
- 1 x tablespoon Turmeric.
- 1 x tablespoon of Fenugreek leaves*
- 1 ½ x tablespoon Cumin powder
- 2 ½ x tablespoon Coriander powder
- 1 x tablespoon Fennel powder
- ¼ x teaspoon Black pepper powder
- ¼ x teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ x cup natural Greek yoghurt
- 2ml x mustard oil*
Time to cook:
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and whisk to combine
- Add your lamb cutlets and make sure the marinade is rubbed into each piece
- Best left overnight, or 2 hours before cooking
- Cook your lamb as per your normal liking on a high heat, we've grilled straight onto the flame
- Serve with a fresh garden salad
Lastly, pour yourself a generous glass of Chalk Hill 'Luna' Shiraz 2019 and enjoy!
*Fenugreek also called Methi leaves - available at an Indian grocer
*Mustard oil – available at an Indian grocer
Or, if you prefer to have your food cooked for you you can find Honey Bang Bang here: 82 Princess Hwy, Littlehampton SA 5250