Ca’ Botta Italian Import Wines
Italian Imports have landed! We tasted hundreds of wines earlier this year, at the massive German Trade wine fair Prowein, as Vinitaly and in Italy itself. We tasted the wines at least twice overseas and then the shortlist of best wines back in Australia, eventually choosing just the 17 wines which are now in stock, everyone of which we can very confidently recommend to you. CA’ DE LION are a boutique producer who have been based in the Piedmont since 1655, making booze for the last 148 years. We’ve chosen to start with two of their brilliant Barberas both from Asti. These are exceptional examples of Barbera and we are delighted to be able to share them with you. CA’ BOTTA is based in the Valpolicella DOC region about half an hour from Verona and makes wine exclusively ...
- Ca 'Botta Alta Valpolicella Ripasso Superiore 2018Special Price $45.00 Regular Price $65.00A stunning Valpolicella made using the Ripasso method, or 'repass'. Highest quality, high altitude Corvina, Rondinella and Corvinone are fermented on the pressed skins of an Amarone ferment, giving higher alcohols, colour and a good degree more complexity. Rich, dark and savoury, this beast offers cherries, chocolate, graphite, minerals, plum, blackberries and blueberries here, along with white pepper and cedar. A stunning red wine that pairs majestically with roast meat and ragu. Learn More
- Ca 'Botta Alta Valpolicella Superiore DOC 2019$60.00Remarkably intense for a superiore, with dense fruits and excellent acidity tempered by French oak. The bouquet offers cherries, plums, sage and red flowers along with chocolate, smoke, minerality and olive tapenade. The palate is packed with ripe cherries, blackberries, blackberries along with white pepper. Soft and elegant tannins and balanced acidity leave your palate fresh. The second glass beckons. Learn More
- Ca 'Botta Torcinato Valpolicella Superiore 2018Special Price $89.00 Regular Price $99.00Our 3rd vintage of the Torcinato, and absolutely the finest to date. This is a big and exceptionally well-structured and refined wine which requires at an hour in a decanter before drinking. It is powerful yet silky smooth, with intense red and blue fruits, cola, tobacco, blackberries, cherries and fresh thyme. Fruit is air dried prior to fermentation for 45 days meaning that 1.6 kg of fruit are required to make each bottle! Learn More
- Ca'Botta Rubicondo 2019$55.00Black, rich, concentrated and savoury, this wine is made from 14-day air dried, traditional regional grapes Corvina and Rondinella softened by Merlot. It offers black fruits, spice and cedar. The fruit sweetness is excellent and well balanced by savory touches. An absolute bargain. Learn More
- Ca’Botta Cajo Amarone DOCG 2016$180.00Ca’ Botta’s highest quality fruit is air dried for 100 days prior to fermentation meaning that 2.2 kgs of fruit are required to make each bottle! This is incredibly, long, concentrated and complex… savour this over a few hours and you may well see black tea, spices, blackberries, cherries, rosemary, dark chocolate, prunes, green peppercorns, and coffee. Stunning. Learn More
- Ca’Botta Cerviero Rosso Veneto 2016Special Price $79.00 Regular Price $89.00In theory this is an entry level wine for Ca’ Botta, carrying the IGT designation rather than the more favoured DOC or DOCG status. Why? Because this is a wine made using Amarone methods using primarily Amarone varieties with the inclusion of Cabernet which is not allowed in Amarone production… They add Cabernet to build freshness and change the tannin profile … to make something as good but a little different to a traditional Amarone. 2.2 kilos of fruit are needed to make just one bottle. We found herbs, black fruits, cherries, spice and pepper here on a pallet which is both concentrated and ethereal. A cracking wine and an absolute bargain. Learn More